top of page

About St. Andrew's

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 1382 Middletown Avenue - The White Church On The Hill In The Heart Of Northford (at the intersection of Rtes. 17 & 22). St. Andrew's is a member of the Middlesex Area Cluster Ministry (MACM) Network, along with Emmanuel Episcopal Church in Killingworth and St. James Episcopal Church in Higganum.

St. Andrew’s Episcopal Parish in Northford was first organized in 1763 and their first church was consecrated by Bishop Thomas Church Brownell in 1822. A new edifice was built in 1845 and the original building was sold and probably used as a hay barn. The second church burned in 1938. Ground was broken for a new church on October 1, 1939 and the building was dedicated on November 10, 1940. The new building, at the same location as its predecessor (1382 Middletown Avenue) was designed by Alfred W. Boylen of New Haven to resemble the 1845 church, with a simple Gothic interior. The present rectory was built in 1957 and the parish house in 1965.


Rev. Bryan Spinks is Priest-in Charge at St. Andrew's. St. Andrew's is the proud home of the Food Pantry of North Branford, located on the lower level of the church's parish hall and the Community Dining Room utilizes our kitchen and parish hall to prepare and deliver meals to the homebound in Northford and North Branford. These are two vital community resources serving families in need in our community.


St. Andrew's also partners with St. Pauly Textile in a broad outreach program to help people in need here in the U.S. and around the world. Donations of usable clothing, shoes, belts, purses, sheets, blankets and stuffed animals may be made at the donation shed located in the church parking lot. Like us on Facebook: St. Andrew's Episcopal Church of Northford CT.


For more information contact Nan Monde, Sr. Warden, 203-710-7005; or MACM Network office, 860-345-0058; or Rev.Spinks, 860-304-5266.

little shield.jpg
bottom of page